Pioneer Day – February 7, 2015
Events are from 10 am to 4 pm and are free, unless otherwise noted. Information on the activities at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church can be found here.
Download Schedule of Events here.
- Living History Demonstrations and Educational Exhibits (including Confederate Sons Association, Florida History Display, Central Florida Fossils, Florida Public Archeology Network, Florida Wildlife Hospital, and Brevard Museum of History and Science)
- Crafts Fair and Farmer’s Market (including Better by Candlelight, Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation, Coiled Vessels by Teresa Camarata, Mrs. Mango & Company, Natural Blessings, Nonna’D’s Olive Pit, Spade & Trowel Garden Club, The Coastal Marketplace, The Dip Gourmet, and The Green Marketplace)
- Historic House and Cabin Tours by guides in period clothing
- Display of Sams Family Artifacts and Historic Clothing
- Florida Folk Music by Celery City String Band (10:00 to 1:00); Laura Clark and D. Scott Taylor (1:00 to 2:00); Chris Kahl (2:00 to 4:00)
Children’s Crafts and Games
- Trails open for hiking
- Slow & Low BBQ providing on-site food for purchase
About Sams House at Pine Island
The Sams House at Pine Island is a historical complex owned and operated by the Brevard County Environmentally Endangered Lands Program. The 1875 Sams Cabin onsite is the oldest standing home in Brevard County. A larger 1888 two-story home is also onsite. John Sams, a citrus-grower and the first Superintendent of Brevard County Schools, built both houses. The Center is located at 6195 N. Tropical Trail, ½ mile west of SR 3 and 5 miles north of SR 528. For
information call, 321-449-4720.
Like us on www.facebook.com/pioneerdaymerrittisland